Need some simple, effective moves for your cardio routine? Check out our sample workout below!
Do the following three times as a dedicated workout two times each day this week:
- 30 Jumping Jacks
- 5 Squats
- 5 Push-ups
Get The Moves:
- Stand with your feet together, hands at your side.
- In one motion, jump your feet out to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- In another motion, jump back to the starting position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body back as far as you can go by pushing your hips back and bending at the knees. Your feet should remain flat, but your weight will shift to your heels.
- As you lower into the squat, raise your arms in front of you for balance.
- When you’ve dropped down as far as you can go, pause at the bottom of your squat before coming slowly back to your starting position.
- Keep in mind:
- Your spine should stay neutral, try not to tighten up or round your back.
- Keep your knees at or behind your toes.
- The goal is to get your legs parallel with the floor.
- Place your hands on the ground, under your shoulders.
- Put your body into a high plank position with your legs, core, and back out straight and arms locked.
- If you are a beginner, it’s ok to do push-ups from your knees rather than toes.
- Lower your body to the floor, keeping your back flat and elbows tucked close to your body. Continue lowering until your check touches the floor.
- Push your body back up to the starting position, keeping your core engaged.