Core strength is important for supporting your spine and helping with balance. It impacts the way you stand, sit, and squat. Develop your core strength and watch the rest of your exercise and activities get easier. We like this workout:
- 20 High knee marches with ab crunch
- 20 Windmills
- IT band stretch, each side 20 seconds
Get The Moves:
High Knee March with Ab Crunch
- Stand up straight and raise your right knee.
- Bend your left elbow, twisting your midsection to touch your left elbow to your raised right knee.
- Repeat on the opposite side.
- Stand with your feet in a wide stance and your arms stretched out to the side in a “T”.
- Bend at the waist and touch your right hand to your left foot. Be sure to keep a strong back the whole time. If you can’t go all the way down to your foot, that’s ok.
- Bring your body back to the starting position and repeat on the opposite side.
IT Band Stretch
- Sit on a chair with your left foot flat on the ground and right foot/ankle resting on top of the knee.
- Sit tall then lean forward as far as you can.
- Hold for 20 seconds and switch sides.