This week, we’re heading to Año Nuevo State Park! You'll need to average 6,000 steps each day this week to travel the approximate 21.5 miles from Santa Cruz to Año Nuevo State Park.
We love this road-worthy granola bar recipe for a healthy, on-the-go snack.
HEALTHY 5-INGREDIENT GRANOLA BARS
- 1 heaping cup packed dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup natural maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- optional additions: dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a "dough" like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl - set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish or other small pan lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until flattened.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars (or 9 squares). Store in an airtight container for up to a few days.
Continue using the trackers on www.myHealthCheck360.com, or connect a supported device.