The beginning of the fall season brings many things to look forward to: campfires, football season, and of course…pumpkins! Did you know that pumpkin seeds have a number of health benefits?
Check out this list for some interesting facts!
- Pumkin seeds are high in zinc which is a natural protector of osteoporosis
- Effectively reduces inflammation
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds contains 92% of your daily value of magnesium which regulates muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds contain compounds that have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol.
- They're a good source of plant based protein, healthy fats, and fiber
Sources: www.mnn.com and www.care2.com