One of the best ways to keep on track for a healthy lifestyle is to meal prep. Our easy guide will help you break the bad habits of junk food and tell vend-o-land goodbye!
- Make time! It seems simple, but this is key to getting started. Set aside an hour on Sunday afternoon to go grocery shopping and prep you meals for the week.
- Get the right containers. Keep your foods fresh by making sure your containers properly seal and are the right size. Buy containers of the same brand so you don't have to worry about matching lids.
- Use overlapping ingredients. Find recipes that share ingredients like proteins or spices to save time and money!
- Stock up on kitchen staples. Keep items like frozen vegetables on hand for a quick side dish.
- Freeze your leftovers. Make the most of your time by cooking extra portions and dividing up single servings for freezing. Next time you need a quick meal, simply snag your leftovers from the freezer and reheat!
Sources: http://www.eatthis.com, http://www.womenshealthmag.com, and http://dailyburn.com