Influenza (flu) season lasts from October through May in the United States, with peak flu activity happening between December and March. The country’s flu activity has been unusual since the COVID-19 pandemic began, which could pose consequences for the upcoming season.
Flu season in the Southern Hemisphere may indicate what’s to come in the United States. In particular, Australia has been experiencing an unusual surge in flu activity early in the season. Health experts now warn that the same could happen in the United States later this year.
October is one of the best months to get vaccinated against the flu, so don’t delay getting your shot. Contact your doctor today to learn more about vaccines.
Don't miss out on these other great articles:
- Medicine Cabinet Essentials
- Planning For a Stress-Free Holiday
- A tasty fall recipe: Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, and Parmesan
- Get healthy recipes, motivational quotes, and first access to prize giveaways by following HealthCheck360 on social media! Follow us now.
- Register today for our FREE coaching webinars for the remainder of 2022! Our health coaches are diving into a new topic every month and sharing their tips and expertise with you! Register for all of our upcoming webinars today.