Make this easy recipe and bring together the best of both worlds! Berries add a pop of freshness while ripe bananas make these muffins a little sweet and extra moist. Meal prep this recipe for a quick and tasty breakfast!
Banana Berry Muffins
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup blueberries or strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, egg, bananas, and water. Mix well.
- Mix the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry one, mixing until the batter is moist.
- Gently add the berries to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes. Then remove them from the pan.
Try out this recipe and let us know what you think!