Who doesn't love tacos?! This grilled eggplant version adds a huge nutritional boost while keeping the tacos fun and delicious.
What you need:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful of fresh cilantro
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Slice eggplant to 1/2 inch thick. Brush both sides with olive oil and cook on a stove top cast iron pan for about 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, add corn, tomatoes, beans, cilantro in small glass bowl. Mix to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove cast iron pan from stove top and spoon some corn and bean mixture onto each eggplant slice. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve with avocado and lime.
Save this recipe for your next Taco Tuesday!