One of the tools that many of our clients love is Lifestyle Rewards. Over the years we've seen some pretty cool activities and incentives offered. Read-on for creative ideas to enhance your wellness program.
What Is Lifestyle Rewards?
If you're not familiar with it, Lifestyle Rewards is a powerful technology platform available on the myHealthCheck360 mobile app and website. It allows you to customize your incentive program to fit your employees' interests and your company's culture.
Lifestyle Rewards works with your existing program or can stand alone as an activity-based wellness program. You choose the activities, how much to reward, and if you want proof that the activity was completed. One of the best parts is that Lifestyle Rewards takes the administrative burden out of a rewards program because many of the activities are automatically rewarded.
Examples of Lifestyle Rewards Structures
- User's Choice
Let your employees decide which of your approved activities they want to complete. Offer ten choices, and allow them to pick which three to complete to earn the reward.
- Daily Rewards
Motivate employees to make good choices every day. Reward users with 25 cents, 50 cents or a dollar every time they track their food, get 8 hours of sleep, walk 6,000 steps in a day, or complete 15 minutes of physical activity.
- Point Levels
Offer employees tiered incentives for achieving different levels of points. The more activities they complete, the more rewards they earn.
Encourage employees to learn something new by reimbursing them for eligible wellness expenses
like fitness classes, gym memberships, and more.
Creative Activities to Reward
- Complete a 5k
- Donate blood
- Volunteer with a local organization like Habitat for Humanity, a soup kitchen, or the Boys and Girls Club
- Family skating or ski night
- Earning your company's 401k match
- Attend a healthy cooking class
- Recognize a co-worker for going above & beyond
- Participate in a charity run/walk like Relay for Life, Heart Walk, or March of Dimes
- Cook a healthy meal for a friend or family member
- Meditate for 10 minutes
- Complete a CPR/First aid class
- Share lunch with a co-worker you don't know
- Mentor or tutor a child
- Participate in the company's book club
- Go on a hike and explore nature
- Track your nutrition for 1 week
What are some activities your company has rewarded? Share them in the comments below.