You've got the gym membership or the workout shoes, and the time scheduled on your calendar. But when it comes time to exercise, what exactly should you be doing? HealthCheck360° is here to help you with some workout ideas to get you started.
With no equipment required, we like this workout for its familiar movements and ability to get your heart rate up. You'll do each of the exercises in the list below 2 times.
- 15 Jump Squats
- 15 Pushups
- 30 Second plank
- 15 Bicycle crunches
If you can only do 5 or 10 of each movement at a time, that is A-Okay! What’s important is that you’re getting started.
Get The Moves:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat. Then when you get to the bottom of your squat position, jump up.
- When you land, lower your body back to your squat position to complete one rep.
- Place your hands on the ground, under your shoulders.
- Put your body into a high plank position with your legs, core, and back out straight and arms locked.
- If you are a beginner, it’s ok to do push-ups from your knees rather than toes.
- Lower your body to the floor, keeping your back flat and elbows tucked close to your body. Continue lowering until your check touches the floor.
- Push your body back up to the starting position, keeping your core engaged.
- Lie on the floor, face down.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight onto your forearms and push your body up on your toes.
- Your body should form a straight line.
- Pull your core in by sucking your belly button into your spine. Hold this position for the amount of time given in the workout.
- Lie on the floor, face up.
- Put your hands behind your head and bring your knees to your chest.
- Lift your shoulders off the ground, but don’t pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to a 45-degree angle to the floor while bringing your right elbow toward your left knee. Your rib cage should be moving, not just your elbow.
- Switch sides; left leg out to a 45-degree angle to the floor, left elbow to right knee.
- This completes one rep.