Work some of the biggest muscle groups in your body to burn even more calories. Try the following routine as a warm-up, part of your current exercise plan, or make a dedicated activity out of it by doing 3 rounds two times each day.
- 20 Walking lunches with a trunk rotation
- 10 Resistance band bice curls
- 20 Second standing quad stretch - each leg
Get The Moves:
Walking Lunges with Trunk Rotation
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hand on your hips.
- Step forward with your right leg, lowering your body towards the floor by bending at the knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Your back knee should point to, but not touch the ground.
- Your front knee should be directly over your ankle.
- Twist your torso to the left without moving your lower body.
- Rotate back to center.
- Push off with your left (or back) foot to bring your left leg forward and continue through until it’s in front of your right leg and you descend into a lunch on the other side.
- Repeat the twist exercise to the right.
Bicep Curl with Resistance Band
- Stand in the middle of the resistance band with both feet, holding a handle in each hand.
- As you exhale, bend both elbows and raise your hand towards your shoulder.
- Inhale and bring your arms back to your side to the starting position.
Standing Quad Stretch
- Stand on one leg and pull the other foot up behind you.
- Keep your knees together and push your hips forward to increase the stretch.
- Hang on to a chair or counter if you need assistance with balance.
- Lower your leg to the floor and repeat with the opposite leg.