No gym? No equipment? No problem! We’ve got you covered with this great on-the-go 20 minute workout. You’ll do each exercise listed below for 1 minute and repeat the list twice. If needed, rest for 3 minutes between each round.
- High knees
- Lunge skip
- Pilates scissors
- Jumping jacks
- River jumps
- Side plank
- Stair toe touches
- Tricep dips
Put the excuses aside and get this done this week.
Get The Moves:
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart.
- Jump from one foot to the other at the same time while lifting your knees as high as possible.
- Touch the ground with the balls of your feet.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hand on your hips.
- Step forward with your right leg, lowering your body towards the floor by bending at the knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Your back knee should point to, but not touch the ground.
- Your front knee should be directly over your ankle.
- Push off with your left (or back) foot to bring your left leg forward and do a quick skip or hop at the top.
- Descend into a lunch on the other side and repeat.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lower your body back as far as you can go by pushing your hips back and bending at the knees. Your feet should remain flat, but your weight will shift to your heels.
- As you lower into the squat, raise your arms in front of you for balance.
- When you’ve dropped down as far as you can go, pause at the bottom of your squat before coming slowly back to your starting position.
- Keep in mind:
- Your spine should stay neutral, try not to tighten up or round your back.
- Keep your knees at or behind your toes.
- The goal is to get your legs parallel with the floor.
- Lie on your back and lift your upper body off the floor so your shoulder blades hover off the ground.
- Lift your right leg just slightly off the floor.
- Lift your left leg up to your body, keeping it straight and do it forms a 90 degree angle to your right leg. Hold the left leg’s shin.
- Keep your upper body lifted as you switch, or scissor your legs.
- Stand with your feet together, hands at your side.
- In one motion, jump your feet out to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- In another motion, jump back to the starting position.
- Begin in a plank position with your hands on the floor, feet out behind you and body in a straight line.
- Jump or walk your feet to the outside of your hands, coming into a deep squat position while keeping your hands on the floor.
- Jump or walk your feet back to the starting plank position.
- Start in a shallow squat with weight on your right foot.
- Leap sideways as far as you can go to the left.
- Immediately reverse directions and jump to the right.
- Continue jumping side-to-side.
- Start in a plank position and do a push-up.
- At the top of your push-up, rotate to the left, reaching your right arm to the ceiling and coming into a side plank positon.
- Return to the starting plank position, do another push-up and rotate the side plank the other direction.
- Standing on the ground in front of a step, box, or book, lightly tap your toes to the step.
- Jump to switch feet, bringing the right toes up.
- Continue alternating feet.
- Sit on a secure bench or chair. Place your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Slide your butt off the front of the bench with your legs extended out in front.
- Straighten your arms, keeping a little bend in your elbows to keep tension on your triceps and off your elbows.
- Slowly bend your elbows to lower your body toward the floor until your elbows are at about a 90-degree angle.
- Press down onto the bench to straighten your arms and return to the starting position.