Are you looking for a tasty new dinner idea? Look no further than this fall spaghetti squash recipe! With tomatoes, basil, and parmesan this dish is sure to be a hit this fall season and one you'll want to make over and over again.
Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, & Parmesan
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 24 oz., halved, seeded)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil (or 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the two spaghetti squash halves, cut-side down, in a glass baking dish. Add about ¼ cup of water to the dish and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Microwave the dish on high for 12 minutes, or until the squash is soft when pressed. Let it stand (still covered) for three minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, basil, oregano and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese together. Stir in the tomatoes and season the mixture lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape the squash out with a fork and add strands to the tomato mixture, tossing until combined.
- Sprinkle the combined mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Total calories: 77
Total fat: 5 g
Protein: 2 g
Sodium: 67 mg
Carbohydrate: 7 g
Dietary fiber: 2 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Total sugars: 3 g
Try out this recipe and let us know what you think!