Continuing your education doesn't always mean going back to school or pursuing an additional degree. Lifelong learning is about being open and taking in new ideas and perspectives. There are many ways to become a lifelong learner but these are some of our favorites.
Lifelong learning is good for your career and overall growth, but it's also good for your health! A healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body and learning something new keeps your brain developing, even as you age. In addition, learning something new can help reduce stress. Here are a few of our favorite ways to learn something new.
- Join a book club. This is a great opportunity to try a new book or genre and meet with new people.
- Listen to a podcast. There seems to be a podcast covering every topic. Do a little research online to find your perfect fit and you'll be amazed at how much you can learn.
- Make your inbox work for you. Build learning into your routine with a daily newsletter like theSkimm or subscribe to a top rated newspaper.
- Beef up your socials. Follow your favorite author or journalists for a newspaper you admire. These thought leaders share fascinating articles and ideas.
- Take 10. Practice mindfulness and take 10-minutes to think about your day or meditate.
- Learn a new skill. There are a ton of online resources to pick up a new trade. Websites like SkillShare or Coursera are great for people who want to stay sharp on existing or learn new skills.
If you are dedicated to becoming a lifelong learner, check in with your HR department. Your company may have training or continuing education programs in place for people just like you!
Want to learn some new health and wellbeing skills? Check out our monthly webinars hosted by our health coaches.