While you’re shopping for the perfect gift, traveling to see family, and managing a long to-do list, the holiday season can leave you feeling drained emotionally and physically. In order to fit everything in and still carve out time for fun, you’ll need some serious energy! I have 7 tips below to keep you at your best this holiday season.
- Exercise! I know, I know, you’re too tired. However, just a quick 5-10 minute session of brisk walking, jumping jacks, push-ups, or squats is enough to give you a bolt of energy. Trust me. As the mom of a busy toddler, this works.
- Drink up. Caffeine can be your friend but it doesn’t have to include major calories! Instead of soda, try a cup of tea. Ice water is also a great option. I like to keep a reusable water bottle around while wrapping gifts, running errands, and traveling.
- Turn up the music. Don’t underestimate the power of Beyoncé, the Beatles, or any upbeat tune you love. Create a playlist on your phone so you can quickly crank up the tunes any time you notice your energy level dipping.
- Don’t overeat. Try your best to keep your meals healthy and your portions in check. The more we overeat and mindlessly snack, the more sluggish we feel. Keep these food items around for healthy, long-lasting fuel: eggs, bananas, apples, oatmeal, and dark chocolate.
- Keep it simple. Do you have too many party invites and not enough days? Say “no” when you need to. Your health and sanity is the number one priority so don’t overbook your schedule.
- Snack on fruit. Frozen mango is my go-to afternoon snack when I’m feeling tired. Snacking on frozen fruit is refreshing and full of flavor, so head to the freezer aisle to find frozen pineapple, peaches, blueberries, strawberries and more.
- Rest. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night, even if that means leaving your to-do list unfinished. If you have to take a quick cat nap during the day, then do it! You’ll be more productive and focused if you get the rest your body and mind needs.
Looking for more ways to step up your game this time of year? Check out Coach Trent's post for 4 Lifestyle Hacks to Conquer Your Day.
Get wellness tips delivered directly to your inbox by following our blog. Complete the form at the top of this page.