The holidays are a time to treat ourselves, have fun, and keep our energy flowing. You might be hitting the Starbucks drive thru, or sipping coffee throughout the day to keep up with this busy time of year. The sugar and calories in many popular drinks can sneak up on us and even end in a sugar crash, so we're here to help you sip smarter!
Here’s a few tips to enjoy your coffee without a ton of sugar and calories:
- Reduce sugar by sipping your lattes with half the added flavor and skip the whip.
- Instead of syrup flavors, use vanilla, nutmeg or cinnamon to spice your coffee.
- Avoid low-fat and artificial creamers. These are highly processed and may contain questionable ingredients. Reach for whole, natural creamers like dairy or almond milk.
See our go-to Starbucks menu picks below:
- Caffe Americano
- Teavana Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea
- Shane Tazo Iced Black Tea Lemonade
- Peppermint Mocha: order with almond milk, no whip, no chocolate curls, and one pump of peppermint.
- Cappuccino with almond milk
- Classic Chai Tea Latte (ask to skip the added sweetener)
Coffee contains caffeine, vitamins and minerals, and other components that may provide health benefits. Tea contains antioxidants and caffeine, providing a healthy energy boost. Both are great options to reach for when you're looking for energy and mental clarity. Just beware of hidden ingredients, added sugars, and calorie filled syrups. Sip smart and you'll be full of energy for the holiday season without the sugar crash.
Want to keep up on the latest in health and wellness? Join our monthly webinars for great information on what you want to know about staying healthy! Click the links below to get signed up.
- January 8th: Time Management: Can It Really Reduce Your Stress? - Register Now
- February 5th: Exercise: The Best Medicine - Register Now