What are you grateful for right now, in this moment? Even the simplest pleasures in our life deserve to be recognized! Gratitude lifts our mood, helps us get through difficult times, and it’s a simple way to strengthen our mental health as we age.
Here are 7 small steps to add more gratefulness to your day:
- Take a few minutes each morning to jot down three things your grateful for.
- Tell a friend, family member, or co-worker how thankful you are to have them in your life. Better yet, send them a note that outlines why you are grateful for them so they can look at it in the future!
- Try to go an entire day without complaining.
- Take a walk outside to appreciate fresh air, nature, and sunshine.
- While cooking or preparing your meal, reflect on how thankful you are for food to energize and nourish your body.
- When you’re facing a major challenge, adjust your mindset to be grateful for the experience to learn and grow into a better and more skilled individual.
- Practice self-care by exercising, getting enough rest, and eating well. It’s important to be grateful for our own health and well-being.
Gratitude takes time and practice. You won’t be a master of gratitude overnight, so forgive yourself if you have a day or two of ungrateful thoughts. Some days will be more difficult than others, but forward progress is never perfect! Small steps of gratitude can add a serious dose of happiness to your days ahead.
Check out our Upcoming Coaching Webinars for tips on living a healthy lifestyle.