Craving something crispy and crunchy? Skip the drive-thru french fries and make a healthy version at home! Zucchini is low in calories and high in water and fiber, so it's great for weight loss. It's also rich in antioxidants and vitamins A an C. It's a super nutritious veggie that can me made into a fry... how awesome is that!? Keep reading to find out how to make crispy zucchini fries using an air fryer or your oven.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup of almond flour or panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- cooking spray
You can use an air fryer, which gives you the crispy crunch we crave without using unhealthy oil, or use your oven!
1. Cut zucchini in half and into sticks (aka fries) about 1/2 inch thick and about 4 inches long.
2. In a bowl, combine the almond flour (or breadcrumbs), grated Parmesan, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
3. Dredge zucchini in egg and then in the almond flour or breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate or baking sheet.
4. Spray zucchini with cooking spray.
5. Working in batches, place the zucchini fries in a single layer in your air fryer. Cook for about 10 minutes at 400°, or until crispy. If you're using an oven, cook for 30 minutes at 425° or until golden and crispy.
These zucchini fries will go with just about any dipping sauce you have on hand. We love dipping ours in a creamy sriracha sauce! Enjoy.
Looking for more coach-approved recipes? Listen to Coach Shelby dish out nutritional tips and insider recipes you're sure to love, in our Fresh Finds Webinar.