Starting a gratitude practice can give you a sense of fulfillment and help you find happiness in your life. There are lots of mental benefits from practicing gratitude, but did you know there are physical benefits as well? Those who have implemented a gratitude practice have reported benefits such as a stronger immune system, lower blood pressure, and fewer aches and pains.
Ways to Practice Gratitude:
Write It Down.
- One or two times each week, write down some of the things you are grateful for in your life. Get detailed by including people, achievements, or skills about yourself that you're grateful to have developed.
- Don't forget to include surprises that happened. Write these down and then self-reflect afterward. It's easy to forget all the great things that happen in your life. Writing it down can help you remember and cherish those moments.
- Journaling in the myHealthCheck360 app is a great way to keep all your health information in one place. Make it a part of your routine.
- Write a Thank You note to someone. It's an oldie but a goodie. You'll feel the benefits of gratitude while making someone else's day. Remember the people in your life who provide a service like mail carriers, recycling collectors, grocery store employees, and people in healthcare.
Recognize Your Accomplishments.
- This can be a great creative project to do with your family. Decorate a jar and keep in a common space that you fill with written notes about things that you or a family member are proud of accomplishing. At the end of the month, when the jar is full,l or when you need a boost, open the jar and read them aloud. Take time to feel proud of all your hard work.
If you're looking for more ways to practice self-care, Coach Shelby shared great insight on how to prioritize your well-being in one of our coaching webinars. Check it out below.
- Upcoming Webinar: What Your Exercise Your Routine is Missing. Our monthly webinars are free to you and cover a variety of topics! This month Coach Shelby is talking about what you might be missing out on in your exercise routine. Check out the upcoming webinars here.
- A new way to track your health. If you haven't downloaded our myHealthCheck360 app, you're missing out on some great benefits. Check it out now.