We know it can be difficult to fit wellness into your busy life. We were fortunate to hear from Abby, our Health Outcomes Consultant, on how she prioritizes being active with having small kids and working full time. Thanks Abby for sharing a day in the life, and the little things that help you be successful on your health journey.
Let me start by saying that I have two toddlers at home, so scheduling and planning are necessary parts of my life to stay healthy (and stay sane)!
- 5:45 AM - I wake up early every day to get an hour of "me" time. This will usually involve moving my body and listening to a podcast to grow my mind. I recently purchased a Peloton® bike which has made it far easier to push myself and feel amazing without having to leave the house.
- 7 AM - It's a hurried 30 minutes of breakfast, trying on a million outfits for our 3-year-old Lucy, and getting the kids into their car seats. I enjoy a green smoothie that is full of nutrient-dense berries, veggies and fats to keep me satisfied and fueled for my busy morning.
- 8 AM - While at work I try to get up every hour to grab water, walk around, and give my eyes a break from the computer screen. I plan healthy meals and satisfying snacks to keep me fueled throughout the day so I can resist the occasional cookies my coworkers bring in.
- 12 PM - I eat my planned healthy lunch and try to get out of the office for a 10-minute walk to reset my mind and get my energy up for the rest of the day. One of favorites is this yummy Brussels Sprouts with Mushroom Sauce recipe.
- 5:30 PM - When you have kids, you are on the go all evening. Between a healthy dinner on our porch, walking to the park, and going down the slide a million times with my kids, I'm always moving. I use this playtime with them to get our family active.
- 8:30 PM - My husband and I connect on the day ahead and plan out if there are any changes to the normal plan and to think about healthy meals we can prepare in the next few days.
- 9:30 PM - This is my bedtime every night, because this mama needs her sleep to be her best self tomorrow, and stick to that 5:45 AM wake up call.
Thank you Abby for giving us insight on how you balance being a parent, working full-time, and making your health a priority. If you don't know where to start making your health goals or need help managing it all, give our health coaches a call!
Want to hear more from our coaches? Check out our upcoming coaching webinars here.